2nd Battalion Headquarters Building in Kaprun,
In May 1945, MAJ Richard D. Winters (HQ,
2nd BN CO) set up 2nd BN HQ
in the village of Kaprun, which was 4 kilometers south of Zell
Am See, Austria,
where COL Robert F. Sink had set up the REGT HQ Command Post.
Headquarters remained until the end of July 1945, when the 506th
to Joigny, France.