Berchtesgaden, Germany
May 5, 1945


photo from LTC Trevor J. Bredenkamp
(A Co, 1st BN, Commander and Unit Historian, ROK, 1998-1999)
Maximilian Strasse

May 5, 1945: soldiers from the 506th PIR walk along Maximilian Strasse
(formerly Adolf-Hitler-Strasse) in Berchtesgaden on May 5, 1945. The sign
on the building reads Villa Grassl, but this later became the Café-Bistro Grassl.




These pages are maintained the
506th Airborne Infantry Regiment Association (Airmobile - Air Assault)
This page updated 04/06/13